Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod Help!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 star0303

star0303

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

This has happened a few times sporadically and I was able to restart but not now. Start up repair says disk TI106050W0B (c:) has errors. I have also gotten an error in start up repair of RecEnv.exe-corrupt file: the file of directory c:\Windows\system32\config\system is corrupt and unreadable. A few hours ago while not in the startup repair loop I did a malware bytes full scan and 0 infections found. I have run the windows memory diagnostic and no errors found. Help please! Thanks. Not sure how to pull up the bsod stop errors codes.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:18 AM

Start up repair says disk TI106050W0B (c:) has errors. I have also gotten an error in start up repair of RecEnv.exe-corrupt file: the file of directory c:\Windows\system32\config\system is corrupt and unreadable. 

Probably your hard drive surface may have developed bad sectors and that might be the reason behind the corruption. Please run a full surface scan of your hard drive using Seagate Seatool for DOS

Seatool ISOhttp://www.seagate.com/in/en/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

How to burn ISO - http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/201431en

What you need to run is the "Long Test".

seatools-2.png 

If your hard drive is a Seagate one, the tool may offer to repair the errors at the end of scan. Please skip the repair ( to prevent data loss ) and report whether the test is a PASS or FAIL.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 06 March 2014 - 11:00 PM.

#3 star0303

star0303
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

So, do I download the Seagate tool on a flash drive from another computer? The laptop with the bsod is a Toshiba Satellite L675. Windows will not startup at all. :(

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

You'll have to use another computer to burn the iso to a disk. I don't believe it's capable of burning to a usb drive. Then when finished, you'll boot from the disk and run the scan.

Edited by chrisd87, 06 March 2014 - 01:23 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#5 star0303

star0303
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

How do I make it boot from the disk?

#6 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

For a toshiba it seems to be the f12 key to get to the boot menu upon startup

-Make sure the cd is in your optical drive
-Restart the computer
-Repeatedly tap the f12 key until it brings you to a boot menu
-Choose cd/dvd drive

That should get you booted up from the cd to run diagnostics

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

#7 star0303

star0303
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

I go to restart. My Toshiba screen pops up with press f2 for set up or f12 for boot menu. I press f2 and Windows trys to start. It doesn't even take me to the setup screen. Same when I press f12.

#8 star0303

star0303
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Okay I will try repeatedly pressing f12.....

#9 star0303

star0303
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

I selected cd drive and Windows tried to start again. Then startup recovery. Any ideas?

#10 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Try a proper system reset. With your system powered off, unplug everything including the AC, remove the battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds, replace the battery and AC, try to power on, assuming you see it, as soon as you see the Toshiba logo press the 'F2' key to enter the BIOS Setup, in setup press 'F9' to load BIOS defaults, press 'F10' to save and exit, then try to boot into Windows.

You may need to set the boot order to boot from dvd and not the hdd first once you're able to get into the bios screen.

Edited by chrisd87, 07 March 2014 - 05:42 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#11 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

Yes another option is to boot into bios, and change your boot order from there. Press f2 repeatedly upon powering up and once in bios use the arrow keys to get to the boot section. Then set your cd/dvd drive as the first boot priority.

Also, are you sure that you burned the diagnostic tool correctly? If you have a working computer, try booting to it on there as a test to make sure it is not the cd you burned malfunctioning.

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users