Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Driver not Responding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

Hello guys, I am having a problem currently where every so often my screen goes black and moments later comes back with a popup saying NVIDIA display driver is not responding and firefox windows get all bugged out looking. After awhile it goes back to normal but it still gets pretty annoying. Any suggestions on a fix? I assumed it might have been due to either a bad driver or having been running multiple tabs a lot it might be struggling to keep up even though it is a fairly high end gaming PC built recently. I appreciate any help in advance. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:13 AM

NVidia is always a barrel of laughs for these type of errors.

Please check on NVidia.com to see if your video card has a driver update. (your graphics card may be 6 months old, even though just bought.)

edit:tip: completely uninstall your old driver before making changes, if you find a new one.

Edited by TsVk!, 06 March 2014 - 03:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users