Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TP-Link TD-W8960N Firmware Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 abstubbs

abstubbs

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

Hi, I was referred to this forum by boopme.  According to my ISP, my TP-Link  TD-W8960N modem has been compromised and my IP address is being used to send out spam emails.  They recommended that I upgrade the firmware but I need some help.  I'm afraid of mucking things up in the process, can you walk me through it?

Much thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

First thing you need to do is find the hardware version - http://www.tp-link.com/lk/Article/?id=46 shows you where it can be seen on different models.

Second thing is to download the correct firmware according to the hardware version - http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/details/?model=TD-W8960N#down click on Firmware. If there is more than one pick the newest.

I downloaded the firmware for v3,4,5 and 3 and 5 had instructions on how to update the firmware so if you have version 4, download 3 or 5 just for the PDF instructions so you can have the step by step with pictures instructions on your PC even if you don't have internet.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users