Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transfering music from an mp3 player

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cyclernyc

cyclernyc

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

When I had my old PC I transfered my music to my mp3 player.  I've got a different PC and I'd love to be able to transfer the music from my mp3 player to WMP.

I searched and I saw some information which said to open the files on the mp3 player and drag them to WMP but it didn't work.

Is there another way to do it?

I'm using Windows 7.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ez2beme

ez2beme

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

The easiest way to do it is to reverse sync the songs from your mp3 player to your Window Media Player library. When you go into the Sync tab of WMP, it should give you this option to sync from your device. If not, then you can open up your mp3 player in My Computer, go into the internal storage, find your songs, and copy them. Then paste them into the folder where you normally store your music on your hard drive, generally the My Music folder by default. To add them to your library, in WMP, go into the Library tab, click the little arrow beneath the Library tab and select Add to Library from the menu. This will scan the folders you choose from music on your drive and add it to your WMP library. Hope that helps.

#3 cyclernyc

cyclernyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Thanks - I will see if it works using the sync.  The copy and paste didn't work - it keeps giving me that DRM message.

#4 cyclernyc

cyclernyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

It won't transfer any of the songs that it thinks are DRM protected even though they were bought by me.

If I attempt to update to get the rights the link on that page is not clickable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users