Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Further problems after hijack removal/fix?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 unionrdr

unionrdr

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

I used the program listed here to put back my personal files,profiles,etc after a hacker hijacked my start up menu,etc.

But now when the computer boots up,I get this little window that basically says it can't access the Faxman server data base. I can't connect to my homepage nbcnews.com. And Beersmith2 gives this error "error5: access denied"? I couldn't find the server data in a search either? Many things boot up slow & IE has the same problem. Moreso than the usual? I also can't get Rkill to download?...

Edited by unionrdr, 05 March 2014 - 10:10 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Hello ,, Please repost this info and include your HJT log in a new topic here.

Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs    
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 unionrdr

unionrdr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Sorry to sound ingnorant,but what's an HJT log? Repost what I said in the first one,or more exact info?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Ooops HiJACKthis, you can always give more info..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 unionrdr

unionrdr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

It was a program you guys developed,in particular for windows vista 32bit. I can't find the page anymore though. The link a fellow homebrewtalk.com member posted in a reply is gone too. Mods I guess. It's on a whole page of them on here somplace.  So I used that to get back my desktop,start menu,personal files,profiles,etc (I'm set up as the admistrator on our computer). I typed HJT log in the little start up box & hit enter. A whole list of things came up. But how to copy to post? I don't think it was the sweetpage thing. Malwarebytes lists it as "PUM.hijack.start...registry data HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\E... But that's it. Can't hold cursor over it to get the rest. So it must be something Rkill finds that gives the error "error5: access denied" in Beersmith2? I can't access my recipe files,set up,etc. And the window at the bottom works with IE to display info doesn't work either. Not sure what to look for?

Edited by unionrdr, 05 March 2014 - 11:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users