Boot into Safe Mode with Networking.
1) Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.
2) When the installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Then click on Finish.
3) MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
4) Click on perform Quick Scan, then click on the Scan button.
If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
5) The scan will now begin, this may take some time to complete so please be patient.
6) When the scan is finished click on Show Results to display all objects found.
7) Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
8) Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
Make sure that every item shown in the results has a check mark in the box next to it, then click on Remove Selected.
9) When removal is completed, a log will open in Notepad.
This log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next post, then exit MBAM.
Important: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
Please copy the Malwarebytes log and paste it in your next post.
To locate this file right click on the Start orb and choose Open Windows Explorer, then click on C: drive.
When the C: drive opens click on the following: ProgramData, Malwarebytes, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Logs.
If there is more than one log, choose the log with the date that you ran scan that I requested.
If there are a large number of items found you can go into Settings and click on Scanner Settings to change the setting in Action for potentially unwanted programs (PUP) to Show in results list and check for removal.
Please scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET Online Scan in a new window.
Click the button.
For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
Click the Start button.
Accept any security warnings from your browser.
Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives"and "Remove found threats"
Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
When the scan completes, click List Threats
Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
Click the Back button.
Click the Finish button.
Please download TDSSKiller
from here and save it to your Desktop.
1. Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
2. Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system.
If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.
3. Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.
4. If threats are detected select Skip or Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed.
***Do NOT select Delete!
5. Click Reboot computer.
Please copy the [b]TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.
Edited by dc3, 05 March 2014 - 12:51 PM.