Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows explorer doesn't have properties option

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 miferber

miferber

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Hi,

In order to make windows explorer open in a certain folder, you need to go to its properties, I think.

But I don't have that option, and searching the help files - they don't mention anything about customizing windows exlorer.

When right-clicking on the explorer icon on the bottom task bar, there is no "properties" option, only a list frequent folders, an option to open the explore and option to pin/unpin from the task bar.

What do I do?

Thank you. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

See this link below.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17415/set-the-windows-explorer-startup-folder-in-windows-7/

*Make sure you have no explorer folders open and then simply hold the shift key down and right click the icon then go to properties.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

What folder are you trying to find?  

If you right click on the Start icon a menu will open with the option for Windows Explorer, click on this.  From there you should be able to access your folders.   

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:54 AM

What version of windows 7 are you using?

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#5 miferber

miferber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

Ultimate, service pack 1

Does anyone know how to define which folder Yahoo mail opens when attaching a file?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users