Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

30 dllhost.exe*32 COM SURROGATE processes are running

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 e143slime8

e143slime8

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:57 AM

Sorry for repeating a problem that is currently locked on this forum however, soon after being infected with 2 cases of ransomware: CryptoLocker and Cryptorbit, I started noticing my machine was slowing down when connected to the internet. Checking processes running I found: in excess of 30 dllhost.exe*32 COM SURROGATE processes running. I found a thread on this board with many troubleshooting proceedures being given by the "bot". Should I just follow that thread to try and eliminate the problem I'm having?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:25 AM

Follow the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help from item 6.  Once you have posted your log, please pay particular attention to the advice in item 8 - the response time may be less than that quoted.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:46 AM

realistically.... if you know you have 2 very difficult to remove infections, pull your hard drive and back up the data. Reformat.

Much easier, quicker, thorough.

Sometimes that is just the best route....

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,833 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

This forum deals with Win 7 issues, not malware :)

A repository of all current knowledge regarding CryptorBit and HowDecrypt is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this tutorial: CryptorBit and HowDecrypt Information Guide and FAQ

Reading that Guide will help you understand what CryptorBit and HowDecrypt Ransomware does and provide information for how to deal with it and possibly recover your data.

There is also a lengthy ongoing discussion in this topic: HowDecrypt or CryptorBit Encrypting Ransomware - $500 USD Ransom Topic. Since this infection is so widespread, rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions or comments in that topic discussion.

Thanks
The BC Staff

#5 e143slime8

e143slime8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

Sorry for have posting here. Have been following the malware/ransomware thread for some time now. However, I did notice doing a search on the internet about my above problem that this may also be a Windows 7 problem of it's own and saw the closed thread here referring to my problem.

Thanks very much to everyone at BC for your help. 

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,833 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

Any problems with a system...that develop after the system is infected...are more likely to be malware issues that need attention, as opposed to system issues that can be resolved by treating them as non-malware issues....IMO.

If you re-read your initial post...it seems obvious to me that these are malware issues, not Win 7 or system issues.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users