Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows update error 9C48

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nealfjr

nealfjr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:36 AM

Why am I continuing to receive Windows Update Error 9C48?

To Whom It May Concern:

I am receiving Update Error 9C48, which according to my update history is

Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems

Installation date: ‎12/‎19/‎2013 2:22 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 9C48

Update type: Important

Download the fast and fluid browser recommended for Windows 7.
          Internet Explorer 11. Fast and fluid for Windows 7.
          • Fast.  Fast at loading sites and fluid as you navigate through them.
          • Easy.  Seamless with Windows, it just works the way you want.
          • Safer.  Better protection from threats and increased privacy online.

More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=329031

Help and Support:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=281970

I have received this error beginning 12/02/13 thru Present.

When attempting to run the update on March 1.2014, it again failed.  Attempting to open Internet Explorer, it now defaults to a page called "portalsites.com".  I have attempted to reassert Internet Explorer as my home page and as my default menu, but I can not change either.  The "portalsites.com" page is still changing my settings.

Also I continue to receive pop up messages stating "internet explorer has stopped working", followed by "this web page caused this program to shut down"

What actions do I need to take to resolve the issue?   I need your expertise and knowledge please.

I have attached a copy of the thread I was getting MS MVP support from.  It is very detailed as to my problem and my attempts to correct with the MS rep.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_update/why-am-i-continuing-to-receive-windows-update/22c64638-13b9-4d29-889d-32fefe132891?page=1&msgId=17b0865c-e963-4c96-98df-07e7255366f2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:43 AM

Follow the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help from item 6.  Once you have posted your log, please pay particular attention to the advice in item 8 - the response time may be less than that quoted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users