Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Icons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 altonius

altonius

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:50 AM

Hey guys,

I don't have a problem this time, just a question. I really need to know where, and how, people like Winterland, Pane-Free and especially Mr. Gibberish, get the icons that accompany their posts! 

Also, still being a relative newbie, I probably need instructions on how-to!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:07 AM

You can search for icons online and add them as images to your post.... emotion-wink.gif

#3 pane-free

pane-free

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:21 AM

I found mine online while searching for wallpapers.  The original image was downloaded then processed with GIMP.  Finally, it was rescaled to fit within the parameters for avatars defined by this forum.

You can do it, too.  GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) is far easier and almost as powerful as that adobe-made thing -- and it's free!

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by the tail and face the situation.
W. C. Fields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users