Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox "untrusted connection" SUPER annoying

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grelsner96

grelsner96

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Hi thanks for looking at my post.  I get this a lot, and I can't find out how to either add exceptions to the list, or turn this notification off.  I don't know if it's coming from Kaspersky or Firefox.  I have Kaspersky 2014 as well....

Here's the image for one example......

Thank you to all who clicked on my post and tried to help!

firefoxuntrusted_zps90f58dcd.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Is that your routers IP address? What happens when you click on Get Certificate then add the exception?

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,737 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

Another possible cause for this problem is a failing CMOS battery. Check the time and date on the system clock at the right hand end of your task bar. An error of a few minutes doesn't matter, but if it is significantly wrong it is an indicator that the battery needs replacing.

Certificates are only valid for a certain time range, and if your system clock is out by more than this amount, the certificate will be classed as 'Invalid'. The last time I ran into this problem, the system clock was showing the correct time, but the date was out by something like 9 years !

Chris Cosgrove

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

When visiting websites whose url address starts with https, communication with the site is encrypted to help ensure privacy and security. Before attempting encryption, the website will present Firefox with a certificate to identify itself and help the browser determine whether the site is actually the site that it claims to be. If not the correct site or if there is a problem with the certificate, then Firefox will provide "This Connection is Untrusted..." alert warnings.

...Seeing the alert does not necessarily mean that the website you're visiting is trying to trick you into believing it is a different website - it means that Firefox isn't able to verify the identity of the website, and that you should proceed carefully...There are several problems that can cause Firefox to reject a certificate...This article will describe some of the common warnings you can receive with the heading This connection is untrusted.

Firefox: This connection is untrusted
This Connection is Untrusted? What These Browser Warnings Mean
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:48 AM

As chris said, first step in troubleshooting this kind of stuff is making sure the date of your computer is correct, also is that IP the IP of a domain or of something else?

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users