Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Win7 x64

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sanjo1708

sanjo1708

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

Hello, I jsut got my new computer assembled and delivered, it's a clone but still it shouldn´t be a problem.

2i9laah.png

The  RAM is actually working at 1600mhz from the BIOS dunno why it shows 800mhz there tho.

Anyways, I jsut finished isntalling all the drivers that came with my mother board, ran a driver check, updated the ones that were possible and was ready to paly some games, but then the BSOD attacked.

Got my first one when triyng to play GTA 4 on high def, so I thought i was just pushing my APU too far, then i lwoered to medium and was able to paly for like 2 hours, then again, another BSOD.

I downloaded Bluescreenviewer right away and checked the dump files.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gmecjtthb8kucwo/Minidump.rar

Checked online for some info and found out it was probably because of a faulty driver, so I decided to roll back using a system restore and the computer seemed ok without the drivers, I wanted to test it and tried to log into facebook but the again, another BSOD.

So the problem isn't the drivers, did a Memtest and chkdsk and everything seems fine with the hardware aswell, so i'm totally blafed and don't know what to do. That's why I'm requesting your help.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

First this is a Notebook/Laptop/ I think.

#3 sanjo1708

sanjo1708
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Nope, it's a Desktop computer.

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

DDR - Double data rate.It`s actually 800Mhz but because is in two directions that`s why is called 1600Mhz.After updating the drivers the troubles have started.

Drivers must be from here - http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A55M-HD+/?cat=Download

Where have you downloaded the driver for APU 8670D?

#5 sanjo1708

sanjo1708
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

I tried downloading the drivers from the asrock webpage, but it still happens, I downloaded the driver from the official AMD autodetect tool.

#6 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Yes for APU from AMD/ATI website.Anothers from ASRock site.And do not use software to look for best driver in internet.

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 04 March 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#7 sanjo1708

sanjo1708
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

That's what I said, I downlaoded all my drivers from the asrock webpage and the APU one from AMD's official site, it has an autodetect tool and thats what I used, I haven't isntalled any drivers update software.

#8 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Anyways, I jsut finished isntalling all the drivers that came with my mother board, ran a driver check, updated the ones that were possible and was ready to paly some games, but then the BSOD attacked.

So I am stupid then.Sorry but!Restore point didn`t help you,because you must fully uninstall and install clean again.

#9 sanjo1708

sanjo1708
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

When I said updated was because the drivers that came in the CD were odler than the ones on the webpage, and again, I tried uninstalling everything I could (Realtek, AMD, SATA, Raid, LAN) and reintalling it from the webpage instead of upgrading from the CD. And still, this doesn't do the trick. Sorry if my writing is hard to understand, english isn't my native language.

#10 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

upgrading from the CD

CD remains the same forever!If you don`t tell me the whole true I cannot help you.And you have still troubles.

#11 sanjo1708

sanjo1708
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

Ok.. I'll try to phrase it in steps:

1st time
1. Installed everything from the CD

2. Checked the webpage to see if there was a newer version.

3. Downloaded the ones that were newer from the webpage

4. BSOD

4th time:

1. Uninstalled everything I could (Realtek, AMD, SATA, Raid, LAN)

2. Rebooted

3. Installed everything from the webpage (Notice I skipped the CD this time)

4. BSOD

There... I think it's pretty clear now. I have never used or will never use autoupdater software since I my self as a technician know that it causes incompatibility issues.

#12 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

1st time
1. Installed everything from the CD

2. Checked the webpage to see if there was a newer version.

3. Downloaded the ones that were newer from the webpage

4. BSOD

Because was one above another.

Next - Restore point.Trying to back things.

1. Uninstalled everything I could (Realtek, AMD, SATA, Raid, LAN)

2. Rebooted

3. Installed everything from the webpage (Notice I skipped the CD this time)

4. BSOD

AMD driver there is in ASrock site.Then you use automatic detection tool from AMD/ATI?

#13 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

Download all the drivers from ASrock site except for APU,which manually select in AMD/ATI site.To be ready.

I suggest to uninstall all drivers standard way.Reboot.It will be slow.After that use this Driver Sweeper - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/driver-fusion-driver-sweeper/

To clean the leftovers.And install downloaded ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users