Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Home Premium BSOD 0f4

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cocheese1080

cocheese1080

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for replying to this topic. I was asked by my wife's boss to work on his laptop. I'm fairly handy with stuff but this one has me pulling my hair out. 

HP DV7-1451nr

AMD processor 2.2ghz

4Gb ram

Windows Vista Home Premium 64 - Bit

When the computer was given to me it would not boot at all. He is a business owner and of course had all of his info on the laptop with no backups... I tried running BootSuite on a cd to see if the file system was intact. It recognized that there was a C: drive but wouldn't read it. First thing I did was remove the hard drive, connect it to my computer and boot in to Linux. I managed to back up his data to another drive. I then repaired the NTFS file system in Linux and checked the drive for errors.

After putting the drive back into the laptop I got the windows loading screen before it crashed again. Ran bootsuite CD one more time and recovered the MBR. I was then able to boot into vista. While trying to download Malwarebytes it once again crashed with a BSOD reading 0x000000F4. 

I'm not able to find much on this BSOD code concerning Vista and what I have found is all over the place. I've seen RAM, Video, Hard Drive.. all sorts of explanations. I've currently booted into a version of Windows 2Go and I'm scanning the drive with MalwareBytes from there... 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check with this BSOD code?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:50 AM

Try this hotfix for Vista systems http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2580450

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users