Simply Put, my PC just shuts off during gaming, or rarely displays the Blue Screen for about 3 seconds before shutting off.
I greatly appreciate any help!
It's been like this for about 2 years since I got it, and used to randomly crash about once or twice a day.
Then I removed 1 ram stick and it went to once or twice a week, now it's about once every 5-10 minutes while gaming.
I switched out a different ram stick and it's back to once or twice a day lol.
They range from simple games such as Dungeon Defenders, League of Legends, Dota, to more complex games like Skyrim, Call of Duty.
Basically any full screen game gives me this problem and very very rarely while using an internet browser.
- Windows 7 64bit, Intel i3
- 650watt Coolermaster PSU
- 6gb DDR3 ram (2+2+1+1)
Attempted Solutions (that failed)
- Replaced 550 Coolermaster PSU with the 650 one
- Replaced my videocard with a frends Radeon HD 5770 xfx - no difference
- Removed 1 stick of ram at a time to find which one was faulty - first 3 no difference, 4th one slowed crashes (but might just be coincidence)
- Cleaned out the dust from the fans - no difference
- Over the years I've formatted a few times and installed the latest drivers - no difference
Tests (that also failed)
- Since I've formatted a few times and removed viruses, it shouldn't be virus related
- I've ran memtest86 over night (12 passes) and all my ram appeared to not have any errors
- I've ran FurMark stress test for about 20 minutes. My PC qiuickly jumped up to 82 degrees and stayed there. It ran at 100% Cpu/gpu without problems.
Despite all the above, it will still crash within a short perior when running a full screen game.
I'm not super good with computer hardware. Everything I've done above was found through google. At this point I have no idea what it could be.
Could it be the motherboard? Cpu? I'm not sure how to specifically test those.
Anyway, after 2 years of miserable gaming on that machine and random online help not working. I'm hoping you guys could help me out,
and I'd be super greatful. Thanks!
Edited by jrgoncal, 04 March 2014 - 12:12 PM.