Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is Bluetooth Security Tag and how do I turn it off?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 newuser995

newuser995

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

I restarted my computer and instead of a Windows Login screen coming up, a screen came up that said "Please authenticate using your Bluetooth Security Tag".  What is this?  I've installed Truecrypt and Filezilla since I last restarted my computer a couple of days ago, but told both not to install extraneous stuff.  I can't find anywhere in Truecrypt's manual that mentions Bluetooth.  I really want to turn this off.  A pic is attached.  Please help. Thanks.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IT_Pro4514

IT_Pro4514

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

Is this a company issues machine?

#3 newuser995

newuser995
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

No, it is a personal machine I built 5 months ago and has Windows 7 professional installed.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

First of all, welcome to BC - both of you !

Two possibilities for you to think about trying.

The first is, if you don't use bluetooth in any form on your computer, uninstall any blutooth software you find on your computer. 'Start - Control panel - Programs and features'.

The second is to disable any bluetooth services from starting at boot. Click on 'Start' then RIGHT click on 'Computer' then click on 'Manage' in the menu box that pops up. This produces a dialogue box with, on the left hand side, a list that finishes 'Services and Applications'. Expand this, then click on 'Services'. You will then see a list of all the services on your computer, and their start-up conditions (you may want to maximise this dialogue box). By clicking on any bluetooth services you find in the list you will be able to change their start-up conditions to 'Manual' or 'Delayed'.

'Manual' means the service will start when you call for it; 'Delayed' means it will start at some little time after boot.

Chris Cosgrove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users