Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Caused By ntoskrnl.exe, Please See Attached Dump File

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 norwood781

norwood781

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Hi all!

I'm hoping for a little help in troubleshooting this particular BSOD.

I've attached BlueScreenView's HTML report, the Minidump file created and a Speccy snapshot of the machine on which this happening.

If there is any other information you need, please let me know!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 norwood781

norwood781
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

I did all the basic, standard things.  I started memtest last night before leaving and stopped it when I arrived this morning.

I also ran a system file check.

So, I have arrived here...posting the report, minidump and specs of the machine for someone that can open them and take a look better than I can.

#3 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

Hi

Instead of zipping and uploading the "Speccy" report, please post the web link it displays as per the tutorial http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

copydi.png

Have you recently updated "Internet Explorer" to  v 10 ?.  What is the make and model of your laptop ?.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 04 March 2014 - 11:59 AM.

#4 norwood781

norwood781
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

"Internet Explorer" was updated to 10 quite a while ago.  It's a HP dv7.

#5 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Hi

Please specify the exact model number ( ie, dv7 2185dx  ). It will be located on the bottom sticker. Also still waiting for the web link.  

#6 norwood781

norwood781
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

Ok, while I get that, can you take a look at the minidump and BSV's html file?

#7 norwood781

norwood781
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/DLKQSz1hTlV56FGlJBAuezE

#8 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

Hi

The only crash dump you uploaded shows the BSOD is video related.

BugCheck 50, {fffff88170a709a0, 0, fffff880068bbc75, 5}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdpmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdpmd64.sys

Please try the below steps and let me know whether it helps.

1. Uninstall currently installed version of AMD display driver from "Control Panel --> Programs". Refer http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx

2. Download and install the below driver.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=ob_105178_1

3. Download and install Hotfix 2834140 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39208

This will install only on some systems so if you receive an error message stating it is not applicable for your system, please let me know.

If the issue continues, please zip and upload the entire crash dump files with the next reply.

Btw, it is very strange that "Speccy" only listed a single update in the list of "Windows Updates" installed.

#9 norwood781

norwood781
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

Ok, thank you very much...

Jus for clarification, 030414-75457-01.zip isn't a dmp file?  It is when I download it...just making sure...

#10 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

Jus for clarification, 030414-75457-01.zip isn't a dmp file?  It is when I download it...just making sure...

Yes, that is the one i checked. But when we troubleshoot blue screens, more than one crash dump ( 3 - 5 ) is necessary to find a pattern.

#11 norwood781

norwood781
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Ahh, I see.

This was the ony one.  the pervious dump file was from 2010.  I didn't have time to get to that machine yesterday, some other items came along while I was getting stuff together for you. I ran hp's proprietary memory test as well as their hard drive test.

I need to see if the client connects this machine to any hardware on site.  Perhaps some external drive or power supply could be causing this?  That is, if it isn't the video?

#12 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

I need to see if the client connects this machine to any hardware on site.  Perhaps some external drive or power supply could be causing this?  That is, if it isn't the video?

The crash dump looks very similar to the one described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838

Expand "Compatibility issues on certain computers that have hybrid video card" and you will see a list of affected models. HP DV 7 is one of them. The solution is to update AMD VGA driver and then installing the Hotfix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users