Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Did this ass backwards....and need help moving forward

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joizefnf

Joizefnf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:58 AM

OK, to start, I generally am pretty decent at resolving computer issues (removing maleware or a virus) but I believe this has gotten out of hand. I use Norton's Internet Security (an expensive joke, I am finding after 10 years) and malewarebytes pro.  About 2 weeks ago, I noticed that my security was turned off, took forever to shut down my computer and things were just a bit buggy.  Tried to do a restore and it constantly failed or would just not respond.  Used Malewarebytes Pro and found a couple of things that were supposedly removed.  On Monday 3/3/14 I noticed that things were just not right. Nortons would not come up, Malewarebytes would not work and I contacted Nortons support (just a joke..and I am leaving it at that). They told me to uninstall Malewarebytes (which will NOT uninstall) and Uninstall/reinstall Nortons. Nortons has been reinstalled and uninstalled and will not work.  I spoke to a friend who suggested Combo Fix.  It ran for a couple of hours including the report part.  I have NO internet access except from running in SafeMode for my Windows 7 computer.  I guess the only word I have left is...HELP
JAttached File  testing.txt   46.08KB   10 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hi Joizefnf and welcome to BC

Please take note of the following:

1. Please do not run any other tools unless instructed.
2. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean.
3. If there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
4. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Used Malewarebytes Pro and found a couple of things that were supposedly removed

Do you still have MBAM installed?
If so, please post the report..

Start Malwarebytes AntiMalware.
Click on the logs tab.
The logs are date stamped ... double click on the log that showed the infection items.

mbamlog.png

It'll open in notepad.

Please copy/paste the report in your next reply.

You say you have Norton Installed, but this is showing in the report:

AV: Emsisoft Anti-Malware *Disabled/Outdated* {0ADC9F7D-20C1-240F-01E2-43466EBA893A}
SP: Emsisoft Anti-Malware *Disabled/Outdated* {B1BD7E99-06FB-2B81-3B52-7834153DC387}

If Emsisoft is an old program please uninstall it.

It is not recommended that you have more than one anti virus product installed and running on your computer at a time. The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, then those products which do not encrypt the virus strings within them can cause other anti virus products to cause "false alarms". It can also lead to a clash as both products fight for access to files which are opened again this is the resident/automatic protection. In general terms, the two programs may conflict and cause:
1) False Alarms: When the anti virus software tells you that your PC has a virus when it actually doesn't.
2) System Performance Problems: Your system may lock up due to both products attempting to access the same file at the same time.

Let's get a better look at things.
You can use Safe Mode with Networking to download the tools for now.

For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double-click the downloaded icon to run the tool.

frsticon_zpsdc3cbdc3.png
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

frstdis_zps7f598f12.png
  • Press Scan button.

frst_zps6548371f.png
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply also.
In your next reply, please submit:
MBAM report ( if you still have it)
Both reports from FRST

Thanks.

BBPP6nz.png

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic will now be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending one of the Moderating team or an Administrator
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users