Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird symptoms in my PC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 polarbearcub

polarbearcub

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

So in January, I had to reinstall my whole Windows 8.1 laptop, and after the reinstallation, my favorite websites came back without me restoring them, but I had to reinstall Google Chrome, but Google Chrome had the YouTube options add on still without me installing that add on again. I have a HP Pavilion 15 laptop.

Now, sometimes when I type, some words disappear, and sometimes the tabs in the browsers close by themselves or a new tab gets open without me opening any tab.

What is happening to my computer? Am I being hacked, or is there a virus? Malwarebytes and ZoneAlarm didn't find anything, but AdwareCleaner found a program. But I wonder that if some bad programs are masked and they pretend to be good or normal programs. Is that possible? The hackers' ideas never end though.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Lets get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 polarbearcub

polarbearcub
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:56 AM

I can't run DDS. It says "Can't run in compatibility mode".

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

Sorry it won't run in Win 8.

Just create the new topic and say have WIN 8 and cannot run DDS.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,047 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:59 AM

Same computer?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 polarbearcub

polarbearcub
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

Or is there any other log program similar to DDS? And yes, I have the same computer.

Edited by polarbearcub, 11 March 2014 - 08:40 AM.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,047 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.

Please download RSIT by random/random from the link provided for your operating system and save it to your desktop.This tool needs to run while the computer is connected to the Internet. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding RSIT attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
  • Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
  • Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Read the disclaimer and click Continue.
  • When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
  • Another text file named info.txt will open minimized.
  • Save the log files to your desktop and copy/paste the contents of log.txt by highlighting everything and pressing Ctrl+C.
  • After highlighting, right-click, choose Copy and then paste the contents into a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here.
  • Copies of both log files are automatically saved in the C:\RSIT folder which the tool creates during the scan.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users