Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plug and Play/DCOM Server terminations causing nearly constant force restarting.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Cabooose

Cabooose

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

Hi there!

Im a first-timer on these forums, so I apologize if I'm sort of naïve to the workings around here. But to get to my problem, I've recently came across a two-fer of problems on this computer. It started with what I believe is adware, and I'm still having issues removing it despite trying MalwareBytes, and many other antiviruses as well as rootkit killers(?). I'm not too worried about that right now, as I have another problem that has wreaked havoc and barely lets me use my computer for more than 20 minutes at a time.

It doesn't seem to have any correlation with certain programs, but I keep getting an error message that says "Plug and Play/DCOM service has terminated unsuspectedly and must now restart." or something along those lines. It can happen immediately when I log onto my computer up to an hour or so after I've logged in and I've been going about my business, but there's no doubt it will happen multiple times in a day no matter what I do or when it happens.

Is there any way to fix this? I use my computer for work so I can't let this keep happening, and I'm not about to reformat it just yet.  Thanks in advance for any advice or fixes!

Edited by hamluis, 04 March 2014 - 02:40 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:10 AM

I will try.Download Minitoolbox - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Start the apllication.Set ticks everywhere.Click GO button.After scan is done a log will appear.Save and attach it here.

Also is important to say which programs you have used/first part of your post/ to eliminate this problem.

#3 Cabooose

Cabooose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:20 AM

I've used MalwareBytes, AVG, McAfee and TDSSKiller.

I will try the Minitoolbox right now.

#4 Cabooose

Cabooose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:39 AM

Here are the results. And to put things into perspective, it has force restared 3 times while I was trying to download and run MiniToolbox.

Attached Files

#5 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

See this to disable automatic restart:

#6 Cabooose

Cabooose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

Also, I should add that just starting today, I get a popup that says "Java Update Checker has stopped working" which usually comes right before the error popup I mentioned before.

#7 Cabooose

Cabooose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:56 AM

I have disabled Automatic Restart the same way as shown in the video a few weeks back, it has not stopped the errors and force restarting.

#8 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:09 AM

Stop playing this game - Moonbase Alpha,it can harm your Windows.

Uninstall utorrent maybe.Also uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus.You have no antivirus protection.Download the latest version of Malwarebytes - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/

It is a malware or faulty RAM memory I think.

#9 Cabooose

Cabooose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:10 AM

So should I just remove those programs, download the latest MalwareBytes and do a scan? Should that fix it, or are there further steps I can take?

#10 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:12 AM

Have you touched anything in BIOS?

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 04 March 2014 - 02:22 AM.

#11 Cabooose

Cabooose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:22 AM

No, I haven't. Also, I can't even complete a scan with MalwareBytes due to the restarting. I may just try a quick scan to see if I can manage that.

#12 Cabooose

Cabooose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:56 AM

I did a scan, it found a lot of stuff, but it didnt fix the adware nor the restarting. What can I do next?

#13 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

How much RAM to test: To keep the test running smoothly and quickly, you should only test the amount of RAM that is unused, rather than the total amount of RAM in your system - otherwise your computer will spend 90% of the test reading and writing to your hard drive, rather than testing RAM. By default MemTest will check all RAM that is not in use by other applications. If you want more control, you can use the Windows Task Manager to determine how much RAM is free for checking.

http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html

Unzip and start the application.Use free version.That is about to check your memory.Write 1024 it means 1 GB.

Ashampoo_Snap_2014.03.04_15h44m48s_001_.

But first I recommend to go to Malware removal section.

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 04 March 2014 - 09:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users