I contacted Norton, but they blamed it on my computer's hardware, and wanted several hundred dollars to fix it
NOTE - There are generally no hardware problems involved, just silly software scams
(Norton is saying that because they do not know)
SpyHunter from Enigma Software is today regarded as a rogue Antivirus program .
The uninstall instructions from Enigma Software are as provided in this post -
"These directions were provided only after directly contacting Enigma Software"
If you cannot uninstall SpyHunter, please re-download SpyHunter from our website, (www.enigmasoftware.com), reinstall it and then try the instructions below one more time.
1. Click on the Windows START button (in the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Click on CONTROL PANEL (or SETTINGS, and then CONTROL PANEL).
3. In the Control Panel,
For Windows Vista and 7 users: double-click PROGRAMS AND FEATURES.
For Windows XP and NT users: double-click ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS.
4. In the list of programs that appears, find any mentions of SpyHunter. Left click the SpyHunter item once.
For Windows Vista and 7 users: choose "Uninstall".
For Windows XP and NT users: A button that says "REMOVE" or "CHANGE/REMOVE" will appear below the item. Click this button.
5. Go through the uninstaller, making sure to select the UNINSTALL option.
6. Repeat step 4 for any other "SpyHunter-related" programs in your program list.
7. Close the Add/Remove Programs section, and the Control Panel.
8. Check on your Desktop if all the SpyHunter Icons were deleted. If not, please delete all the remaining Spy Hunter Icons, such as "SpyHunter-Installer.exe" and "SpyHunter".
After you remove SpyHunter, please reboot your computer before you re-download and /or re-install SpyHunter.
9. Go into Program Files and delete the "Enigma Software Group" folder to completely remove SpyHunter.
If you cannot uninstall SpyHunter, please re-download SpyHunter from our website, (www.enigmasoftware.com), reinstall it and then try the instructions above one more time.
Once you have removed the program, stay well away from SpyHunter in the future -
You can also use the MiniToolBox instructions left by Alex&Vanko