Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyhunter caused my computer to crash!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 angiehop1

angiehop1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

I was using Norton 360, but it failed to remove, or even recognize the highly annoying browser hijackers Conduit and Mystart web browser. In a desperate attempt to remove them on my own, I ran Spyhunter's 'free" virus scan, but it counteracted with Norton, and caused my computer to freeze. I contacted Norton, but they blamed it on my computer's hardware, and wanted several hundred dollars to fix it. Spyhunter wouldn't even address the issue, because I am not a paying customer. I found directions on the web about how to remove a program in safe mode, and Spyhunter disappeared for about a week. I've done this several times, and it keeps reappearing like a bad rash. Now my computer says "no language file found." Please help!!!

Edited by hamluis, 04 March 2014 - 03:38 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

Download Minitoolbox - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Set ticks everywhere and click GO button.After scan is done a log will appear.Save and attach it here.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

Hello -

I contacted Norton, but they blamed it on my computer's hardware, and wanted several hundred dollars to fix it

NOTE - There are generally no hardware problems involved, just silly software scams

(Norton is saying that because they do not know)

SpyHunter from Enigma Software is today regarded as a rogue Antivirus program .

The uninstall instructions from Enigma Software are as provided in this post -

"These directions were provided only after directly contacting Enigma Software"

If you cannot uninstall SpyHunter, please re-download SpyHunter from our website, (www.enigmasoftware.com), reinstall it and then try the instructions below one more time.

1. Click on the Windows START button (in the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Click on CONTROL PANEL (or SETTINGS, and then CONTROL PANEL).
3. In the Control Panel,

For Windows Vista and 7 users: double-click PROGRAMS AND FEATURES.
For Windows XP and NT users: double-click ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS.

4. In the list of programs that appears, find any mentions of SpyHunter. Left click the SpyHunter item once.

For Windows Vista and 7 users: choose "Uninstall".
For Windows XP and NT users: A button that says "REMOVE" or "CHANGE/REMOVE" will appear below the item. Click this button.

5. Go through the uninstaller, making sure to select the UNINSTALL option.
6. Repeat step 4 for any other "SpyHunter-related" programs in your program list.
7. Close the Add/Remove Programs section, and the Control Panel.
8. Check on your Desktop if all the SpyHunter Icons were deleted. If not, please delete all the remaining Spy Hunter Icons, such as "SpyHunter-Installer.exe" and "SpyHunter".
After you remove SpyHunter, please reboot your computer before you re-download and /or re-install SpyHunter.
9. Go into Program Files and delete the "Enigma Software Group" folder to completely remove SpyHunter.

If you cannot uninstall SpyHunter, please re-download SpyHunter from our website, (www.enigmasoftware.com), reinstall it and then try the instructions above one more time.

Once you have removed the program, stay well away from SpyHunter in the future -

You can also use the MiniToolBox instructions left by Alex&Vanko

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

Now my computer says "no language file found." Please help!!!

Are you saying that your machine will not run? Or you get this error after login? or you get this error on trying to uninstall SpyHunter?

#5 angiehop1

angiehop1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

The only way I can get it to turn on is by a hard reboot, and I can't connect to the internet. (I'm using another computer)

#6 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Download the SpyHunter where you are.Take them on flash memory for example and bring it to your computer.Read what noknojon has written.And never use this again.

#7 angiehop1

angiehop1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

I received the  fatal message-no language file found while trying to boot up in normal mode. (I tried safe mode, with command and networking, but was unable to get any further, so I thought I'd try normal mode. I uninstalled Spyhunter in safe mode by following some long, confusing instructions I found on internet. 

#8 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

This was rough way to eliminate it and not a complete one.Because you don`t have internet you have to bring some instruments from where you are.

#9 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

So, assuming you can start in safe mode now....

Run "sfc /scannow" from an elevated command prompt. This should fix your language pack problem.

Then run ADWCleaner (scan then clean) and then JRT, both in safe mode, to finish removing the application.

I doubt Enigma are going to tell you how to remove the application, as uninstalling doesn't work. Downloading, reinstalling and then trying to uninstall it seems highly unlikely. All you will be doing is installing their latest updated junkware, which you won't be able to uninstall either.

Edited by TsVk!, 03 March 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#10 angiehop1

angiehop1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

I ran the sfc/scannow from command prompt. It got to 38% in the verification phase, then gave me the following message: "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. C:\windows\system32>

#11 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:56 AM

I doubt Enigma are going to tell you how to remove the application, as uninstalling doesn't work. Downloading, reinstalling and then trying to uninstall it seems highly unlikely. All you will be doing is installing their latest updated junkware, which you won't be able to uninstall either.

The directions I provided are a "direct quote" from a response by Enigma (scam) Software company .

I can see that your only hope is if one of the Experts can Reboot and Clean your system.

We do not want to fully reinstall your Operating System, so please move up to the next area for help.

Please post to Malware Removal Logs. area for more help.

Tell them (describe your problem) as you are not able to follow the normal Prep Guide

Please have 2 USB flash drives available that you can use to transfer programs to your computer.

Note that waiting time can be up to 3 days (on average) as the team gets very busy at times.

If HELP BOT replies, please answer it so the Malware team will be notified.

Post back once you have placed a new topic in the Malware Removal forum and we will close this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users