Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emails with ever increasing number of blank line spaces

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 duffsparky

duffsparky

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

Frequently when I receive an email that includes previous emails I have sent e.g. the received email contains my original email, the original email has extra line spacing that were not there when first written. Each time an email is include with a new one the number of blank line spaces increases. This appears to happen at each point where the original line of text was completed with a (carriage) return. Sometimes the emails grow so large that they become difficult to read.

I can delete the extra blank lines but they usually return went the previously sent email is next sent or received. I have had this issue for quite a while but usually the number of times an email is bounced back and forth is relatively low.

I read somewhere that this issue might have something to do with an incompatibility between emails sent in html but received and viewed as text only, and visa-versa.

I am using Firefox 27.0.1 with GMX web based email account and Thunderbird 24.3.0 to backup the emails. The problem existed with other versions of Firefox and I have only recently been backing up my emails to Thunderbird. Because my English grammar and spelling is quite bad, I frequently write the emails using MS Word 2003 ->Spell/Grammar Check-> then copy and paste into the GMX webpage.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users