Now that your computer is running well it is my great pleasure to proclaim to you the Good News!
Your machine appears to be clean. Complete the below steps to delete the tools or logs created during the process. Please take the time to read below on how to secure the machine and take the necessary steps to keep it clean
- Download Delfix and save it to your desktop. This program will automatically remove many of the items created during our steps.
- Leave the default settings then click Run
- When completed you will see a list of items removed
- Manually remove any other remaining items you wish to delete
- Miekies' prevention suggestions
- So How did I get infected?
- Microsoft - 'Security at home'
- Calendar of Updates: See which updates have been released.
- How to backup your Data with Cobian Backup: because you never know, when your harddisk might fail
- Commonly Used Freeware Replacements: a nice list of freeware programs in all categories, that are regarded as useful by the users of this forum.
- osalt: Find (free) open source alternatives to known commercial software.
Thank you for placing your trust in BleepingComputer. It was a pleasure serving you.