Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Failures; Slow PC SAS Freezez and Graphic Card Miscues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#61 sspea

sspea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Rebooted and got the same ugly Safe mode screen and Firefox with its pop ups and outs.  Do we install the Intel driver that Windows is prompting us for?  Ugh!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#62 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 37,988 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

OK let me know. It sounds like your video card is good.

Edited by Oh My, 12 March 2014 - 02:35 PM.

Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#63 sspea

sspea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

OK, I screwed up.  I did try to download the Intel driver, along with the .NET update Microsoft had (figured it couldn't hurt). Well the .NET loaded but the Intel driver failed to update.  So I hit the restsrt as required.  Except instead of rebooting, it just did a force shut down and powered off.  i try to boot up, it gets to the "Windows shut down not normal" and gives me the option to do Startup Repair or Windows Normally.  Figured we didn't have much to deal with Startup Repair in past so I hit Normal.  Powered off five seconds later.  Powered up and get to same screen, try Startup Repair, then powers off.  Tried getting to the F2 Setup screen, try browsing thru the options and it powers me off.  Almost beginning to think it was running too hot or something so since I have to go to a meeting from 5-6pm EST, I'm going to let it sit and cool down.  It has probably been running nonstop since we started this venture.  And let you decide if there is something to be fixed that I won't f-up again.

:-(

Steve

#64 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 37,988 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Hi Steve,

I know this is frustrating for you because it is frustrating for me as well. Try to boot and see what happens. If you run into problems please attempt this.

===================================================

System Restore from System Recovery Options

--------------------

Use one of the following two ways to enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select English as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.
To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
  • Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Select English as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.
Once you are in the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

• Select System Restore (please be patient as it may take a minute or two to load)
  • Select Next
  • Left click on the Restore Point dated prior to today, then click Next
  • If you receive a caution screen, make sure your System Drive (C:) is checked, then click Next
  • Click Finish and allow System Restore to run.
  • After your computer reboots check your system performance

Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. :thumbsup2:
  • How did we do?

Gary

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#65 sspea

sspea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

it actually booted right up after it had a chance to rest.  Going to check reboot a few times.  I did notice in passing during the Ubuntu trials that there was a short flash of something saying 'critical temperature or heat' or something.  After I boot up safely (assuming) a few times, you still want me to do the above?

Steve

#66 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 37,988 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

No need to restore if you are able to boot up. Run this program and monitor the temperatures.

Core Temp

--------------------
  • Please download Core Temp and save it to your desktop
  • Launch the program
  • Monitor the core temperature both at computer idle and when performing tasks
  • Post the results in your reply

Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. :thumbsup2:
  • Temperatures

Gary

#67 sspea

sspea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

OK, temps have been running in the 80's with some programs and topping off around 90.  Ran iTunes and Excel and maybe a speed test, but really didnt run much else for safety sake.  Will continue to monitor.  Next step?

#68 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 37,988 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

Hi Steve,

Your computer is running hot, pushing the max. I would suggest you clean out the internal components. You need to be cautious in how you go about it and the degree to which you disassemble the computer is up to you, if you do so at all. Here is a video I found specific to your computer model that shows how to disassemble the outer covers to get to the inside.

Once you have been able to clean things out run core temp again and see if your system has cooled down.
Gary

#69 sspea

sspea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Disasembled and cleaned best I could with some compressed air I had left.  Quite dusty.  System runs most of the time in the 50-60's unless I start running a lot of programs.  It still gets into the 80's on occasion, but it sounds like it isn't working as hard.  When just typing, it is at around 48-50 degrees.

#70 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 37,988 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

That sounds much better. Put it to the test for a day or so then let me know. Hopefully we have hit pay dirt! :)
Gary

#71 sspea

sspea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

Consistent temperatures for the computer.  Mostly in the 50's.  Creeps up a bit when running multiple programs.

#72 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 37,988 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

Very good. Are we running smoothly?
Gary

#73 sspea

sspea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

So far, so good.No reboot problems thus far.  Still have popups.

#74 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 37,988 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

Hi Steve,

If you run Revo Uninstaller is ArcadeParlor listed?  If so, uninstall it.  If it is not listed click Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features, and see if you can uninstall it from there.

Let me know how we do.

Edited by Oh My, 17 March 2014 - 08:13 PM.
Changed instructions

Gary

#75 sspea

sspea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

So everytime I open a new Firefox Window, Arcade parlor popup opens another Firefox window with a video advertisement (with an Arcade Parlor Brand at the bottom).  When I close it sometimes it open up a side video on the current firefox page I am on.

Arcade Parlor does not show up on Revo or in the Wondows Uninstall.  But it is listed in the "All Programs" and shows an uninstall function in that folder ("C:\Users\JBA P\AppData\Local\ArcadeParlor\removal.exe").  Let me know what I should do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users