Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Security Pro Support and other antivirus programs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jcfawsett

jcfawsett

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:19 AM

I have three subjects to present and ask for help.  Located at Start>All Programs, I find Antivirus Security Pro.  When I click on that program, Antivirus Security Pro Support appears.  When I click on Antivirus Security Pro Support, a message appears saying the website is dangerous.  The message is:

This website has been reported as unsafe. techprotectorltd.com We recommend that you do not continue to this website.  When I open the Control Panel>Programs and Features to remove this program, it is not found anywhere in the listed programs.

1)  What is Antivirus Security Pro and Antivirus Security Pro Support?

2)  How can I uninstall it from my computer? 

3)  I think that by just right clicking on the name under 'All Programs' and selecting delete will no doubt remove the name, but it will not uninstall the program.  Am I correct?

__________________________________________

I was induced by Global Support, LLC to purchase a lifetime platinum plan (security + services + on-demand tech support) for $445.  A tech installed a program called Webroot or some similar name.  He uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and WiseFixer & Driver Turner 3 (the latter a paid subscription).  I was not happy with the work the technician did when he used Log-Me-In to clean problems out of my computer and delete several programs I installed, so I declined the service.  Fortunately, I gave an expired credit card, so I was not charged. I no longer find Webroot is installed on my computer. I have been advised to download the free AVG Antivirus program.

1)  Since Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and WiseFixer & Driver Turner 3 are both programs that must be called up to scan my computer, can I continue to use them with AVG Antivirus?

2)  The Control Panel has Spyware Terminator 2012 Free Version 3.0.0.82 which is also a 'call up' program.  Can I use it in connection with AVG Antivirus which operates 24/7?

3)  Control Panel also has Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.  Will any of the above mentioned programs conflict with Windows Firewall and Windows Defender? (AVG Antivirus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, WiseFixer & Driver Turner 3)

_____________________________________________

The white flag on my task bar has a red 'x', and when I click on it, 'Check antivirus status (Important)' appears.  When I click on that, this message is displayed:  Virus Protection (Important)  PC Cleaner Pro reports that it is turned off and must be turned on manually using the PC Cleaner Pro program.

1)  Is this just an attempt to get me to purchase an upgraded PC Cleaner Pro program?

2)  There is a hyper link that says turn off message about virus protection.  If I click on this, I believe it will remove the red 'x' at the white flag on my task bar.  Is that all I must do to solve this antivirus warning?
3)  There is also a hyper link stating:
Get a different antivirus program online.  I think I should download AVG antivirus protection, because Webroot and Microsoft Security Essentials are no longer installed.

4)  Do you agree, or is there a better security program that I can install? 

5)  I am advised not to use Norton Antivirus program.  Do you agree?

Thank you for helping me with these questions.

jcfawsett

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:15 AM

Download Minitoolbox - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Start the application and set ticks everywhere.After that click GO button.After scan is done a log will appear.Save and attach it here.

You can delete your IP information from the log.I can help you without paying.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:47 AM

From Microsoft web site.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?Name=Antivirus+Security+Pro

I think you need to go here and get expert advice. After you read this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Start a new thread in the correct  section  and post any logs that are requested.

Edited by NickAu1, 03 March 2014 - 04:53 AM.

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:15 AM

From Microsoft web site.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?Name=Antivirus+Security+Pro

I think you need to go here and get expert advice. After you read this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Start a new thread in the correct  section  and post any logs that are requested.

This is not the only problem here - Antivirus security Pro.If I can not handle all that I will recommend colleagues of this section.They are perfect I know that.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:30 AM

FWIW:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-security-pro

Topic moved to Am I Infected.

Louis

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Yes that work was not impressive..

reboot into Safe mode, run Rkill And MBAM .. see this Antivirus Security Pro Removal Guide

When the scan is complete, click OK, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found
Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.
When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.

How is it now?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users