I have three subjects to present and ask for help. Located at Start>All Programs, I find Antivirus Security Pro. When I click on that program, Antivirus Security Pro Support appears. When I click on Antivirus Security Pro Support, a message appears saying the website is dangerous. The message is:
This website has been reported as unsafe. techprotectorltd.com We recommend that you do not continue to this website. When I open the Control Panel>Programs and Features to remove this program, it is not found anywhere in the listed programs.
1) What is Antivirus Security Pro and Antivirus Security Pro Support?
2) How can I uninstall it from my computer?
3) I think that by just right clicking on the name under 'All Programs' and selecting delete will no doubt remove the name, but it will not uninstall the program. Am I correct?
I was induced by Global Support, LLC to purchase a lifetime platinum plan (security + services + on-demand tech support) for $445. A tech installed a program called Webroot or some similar name. He uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and WiseFixer & Driver Turner 3 (the latter a paid subscription). I was not happy with the work the technician did when he used Log-Me-In to clean problems out of my computer and delete several programs I installed, so I declined the service. Fortunately, I gave an expired credit card, so I was not charged. I no longer find Webroot is installed on my computer. I have been advised to download the free AVG Antivirus program.
1) Since Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and WiseFixer & Driver Turner 3 are both programs that must be called up to scan my computer, can I continue to use them with AVG Antivirus?
2) The Control Panel has Spyware Terminator 2012 Free Version 184.108.40.206 which is also a 'call up' program. Can I use it in connection with AVG Antivirus which operates 24/7?
3) Control Panel also has Windows Firewall and Windows Defender. Will any of the above mentioned programs conflict with Windows Firewall and Windows Defender? (AVG Antivirus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, WiseFixer & Driver Turner 3)
The white flag on my task bar has a red 'x', and when I click on it, 'Check antivirus status (Important)' appears. When I click on that, this message is displayed: Virus Protection (Important) PC Cleaner Pro reports that it is turned off and must be turned on manually using the PC Cleaner Pro program.
1) Is this just an attempt to get me to purchase an upgraded PC Cleaner Pro program?
2) There is a hyper link that says turn off message about virus protection. If I click on this, I believe it will remove the red 'x' at the white flag on my task bar. Is that all I must do to solve this antivirus warning?
3) There is also a hyper link stating: Get a different antivirus program online. I think I should download AVG antivirus protection, because Webroot and Microsoft Security Essentials are no longer installed.
4) Do you agree, or is there a better security program that I can install?
5) I am advised not to use Norton Antivirus program. Do you agree?
Thank you for helping me with these questions.