Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some help please...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dallen92

dallen92

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Hey there I'm having trouble getting my monitor to display in the proper size. I'm using and ASUS VG248QE monitor hooked up to my Radeon HD 6570 through hdmi. The display settings in windows show that my monitor is displaying in 1920x1080 but there are black lines around the edges of my screen. I'm not sure what's going on I was using another computer with this monitor and it was hooked up to an NVidia gtx 770 through DVI and it displayed at 1920x1080 no problem. I think it's something to do with the display settings of my graphics card, but I'm unfamiliar with AMD and Radeon and was wondering if someone could help.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

First question - what is your Windows?

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

have you gone through the display settings under the monitor menu? try going to menu and display and check the H and V positions.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 YusufAlizo

YusufAlizo

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

Check to see if the display properties match up with the resolution you are writing about. 

- Yusuf Alizo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users