Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

8350 OC Question!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xXxexpertxXx

xXxexpertxXx

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

I am noticing in bios their are 2 settings that both adjust the Frequency of the CPU i am fallowing this oc guide and its telling me to OC to 4.7 gh. my question is. What settings? This is what i have

1 BLCK Clock Control (200.00Mhz) / (Auto)

2 Cpu Clock Ratio (20.00) / (4.00Ghz)

What i do understand is that they BOTH adugst the Hertz. If i increase the first one (BLCK Control) it will increase the Ghz of my cpu, but will NOT show that when i "Right Click" "my computer" and click on "Properties" how ever with programs such as CPUID it shows my cpu running at a faster speed. (what if i set the BLCK to).

OR

when i change the CPU Clock Ratio it also ups the ghz as well. So which one do i touch and what is the difference. To me their is no difference they do the same! PLEASE HELP! thx

Edited by hamluis, 02 March 2014 - 06:58 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXxexpertxXx

xXxexpertxXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

BUMP!!@!@!@!

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

BLCK is the base clock speed.

The other one is the multiplier.

The BLCK times the multiplier will equal the final clock speed..

200Mhz x 20 = 4Ghz...  Or 235Mhz x 20 = 4.7Ghz...

I can't answer any specifics about overclocking an AMD FX processor, as I've never tried.  But as a general answer, the Base Clock affects the speed of other components, for example the RAM.  While the multiplier only affects the CPU.  Normally, increasing the multiplier is the easiest and most straightforward way to overclock the processor if it's allowed by the CPU.  Lower end processors are multiplier locked (non "K series" Intel Core chips and non "K" or "Black Edition" AMD chips).

As increasing the BLCK increases the speed of RAM, you need to bear that in mind and make changes to the RAM timing or the BLCK:DRAM ratio if necessary (some boards will do this for you to some extent).  If you overclock the RAM too much you will get system instability.

Sometimes if you use high speed memory you might need to overclock the base clock speed to use the memory at it rated speed.  My current system (which is a few years old now) has DDR3 1600mhz memory, but in order to run the memory at it's rated speed I had to increase the base clock speed by about 20% (which also overclocks the processor).  The fastest it would run without overclocking was 1333mhz.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users