Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W32 blaster worm

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bauerbabe

Bauerbabe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

I have tried everything to get rid of this and am ready to throw my laptop out the window. I am not technically inclined and that makes everything worse. Is there anything anyone can do to help me online? I don't have any extra $$ to have this fixed somewhere else. Please help.

Edited by hamluis, 02 March 2014 - 06:44 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

What is telling you that you have this malware?

Use the programs below to scan your computer and allow them to remove whatever they find.

download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
    • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

go to here to run the online scannner from ESET.

• Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the activex control to install
  • Click Start
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • If any threats were found, click the 'List of found threats' , then click Export to text file....
  • Save it to your desktop, then please copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Bauerbabe

Bauerbabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

I can't open internet explorer. As soon as the laptop comes on it's giving me that message about the worm. Then I can't open anything.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

This a rogue program doing this. You actually don't have the worm. Try booting into safe mode with networking and follow the directions for

using MalwareBytes AntiMalware.

There are instructions for several of these programs for ridding your computer of the malware. Hopefully MBAM's log will give more info as to

which rogue it is.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

If needed there is a W32.Blaster.Worm Removal Tool <-- here.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users