Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i5 4670 Haswell - Running at 100%

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 stonedsmurf

stonedsmurf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Hi Guys, firstly thanks for going out your way to read the post, just to see if you can help! Kudos!

Basically my problem is - the CPU appears to be running at 100% according to task manager. Games that on my mates i5 take 20% cpu are using 80% on mine. I Twitch alot and this is causing me some big problems.. it appears to slowly get worse the longer the system is in the game for. 

Right lets start with SPEC:

• OS - Windows 8.1 
  • Processor - i5 Haswell 4670 (non k)
  • GPU - Nvidia GTX660 ti
  • MOBO - Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
  • Ram - 8gb blue hyperx
  • PSU - OCZ 750w
  • SSD - OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Ok i recently upgraded the i5 haswell, the motherboard and the ram in December. Old components are the GPU, the PSU and the SSD. 

here is a quick 3 minute game worth of battlefield 4 on LOW settings.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/23nmxsl5n109qie/ICEGvpUe3_

Something just isn't quite right... I'm completely lost.

The only things i can think is, PSU, or SSD.... surely not the cpu.. but can the PSU cause this type of problem... 

Anything you want me to try, or run to help me find out what i need to "fix/replace" please let me know. 

I am aware of a problem with an auto backup on 8.1 (a setting of sorts) which i have disabled already to try and eradicate this problem with no joy. 

Gentlemen.. please help! frown.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users