Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

potential problem with system image backup?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tierra93

Tierra93

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

I just got my laptop fixed and they reformatted from the image on the computer and took off all the junk-ware that came with it and I wanted a new system image restore discs with no unnecessary programs on it if I ever have to restore it.  The first disc was green when copying.  However, the last 2 were red, but no error message.  Do you think this was a problem (it's an Acer running win 7 hp 64bit)?  

Why the difference in colors?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

Hi,

When you made the backup did you specify that you were going to be spanning disks? If not then the last two are useless. What software are you using to make the backup?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 iikkakki

iikkakki

• Banned Spammer
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

"The first disc was green when copying.  However, the last 2 were red" How? I don't know what's the color meaning. Moreover, your titel is 

potential problem with system image backup and you asked whether this is a problem. I think the easiest Verification method is just restore and see whether it works or not. I also wonder what software are you using to make the backup,Lastly ,I recommend you try the freeware Aomei Backupper. which support system backup and Create Bootable Rescue Media very well. More information, I hope you visit its office website, Good luck.

#4 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

I was using the microsoft tool. 

#5 iikkakki

iikkakki

• Banned Spammer
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

I was using the microsoft tool. 

The Windows built-in tool?

#6 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

Yes

#7 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

How do I specify that it's spanning disks?

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users