Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhone and Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigb1026

bigb1026

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Old computer died, had to replace with Windows 8 PC which updated to 8.1. Just realized it won't recognize iPhone hookups, which means can't backup or restore iPhone/iPad etc. data, photos, etc.  Great!  Now what?  Any news when patches from either/or Apple or Microsoft will correct this problem?

I'd like to add to those with similiar problems with Windows 8.  I did have compatability problems with Outook 365 and the driver for my HP P1006 lasterjet printer.  However, the tech support from Office 365 was able to help me overcome both issues.  I had called HP support first regarding the printer, and their solution was to "buy a new printer", so booo hisss to HP.  I also found 8.1 is not compatible with my ACT! 2010 database, but it does work somewhat.   Their solution was also to buy the newest version of ACT!, but since that is very costly, I dedided on a better solution:  I'm just using a new database program.

Good luck to all of us with Windows 8.1.  It's pretty slick, but the software headaces are a real problem.  Went thorugh the same thing with Windows 7. 

Back to the original subject matter of this post:  If ankbody can help me out with the iPhone/iPad issue I would be very appreciative.  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

When you plug your iphone into your computer is their a prompt that comes up on your iphone asking you to trust your computer?

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users