Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Me

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Merlin_22

Merlin_22

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:03 PM

Hey everyone,

I am having a little problem with my computer that I need help with.

I uninstalled a beta version of a software\updated my comptuer to the newer Windows Genuin advantage tool thinggy and then some of my things in the Add/Remove Programs have gone.

I was told to do this by Zone Alarm:

Tony I hope your not beta testing on your primary machine?
If you are I recommend you use a program like VMware to test the beta's on.

Anyhow if you cleanly uninstall the beta and then follow the manual uninstall directions to you get back the add/remove?

Click Start, click Run, and then type CMD.
At the prompt, type REGSVR32 APPWIZ.CPL.
Use the command line REGSVR32 [path\filename] to register each of the following files:
%systemroot%\System32\Appwiz.cpl
%systemroot%\System32\Mshtml.dll
%systemroot%\System32\Jscript.dll
%systemroot%\System32\Msi.dll
Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\Oledb32.dll
Program Files\Common Files\System\Ado\Msado15.dll
%systemroot%\System32\Mshtmled.dll
Now do this on your own accord,this is just a recommendation,if this performed incorrectly your system may become more unstable,but this should help resolve the add/remove issue.

The following registers ok:

%systemroot%\System32\Appwiz.cpl
%systemroot%\System32\Mshtml.dll
%systemroot%\System32\Jscript.dll
%systemroot%\System32\Msi.dll
%systemroot%\System32\Mshtmled.dll

The follow dont register Ok:

Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\Oledb32.dll
Program Files\Common Files\System\Ado\Msado15.dll

When I try to register them I get this Message:

LoadLibrary("Program") failed - The specified module could not be found

I have done malware checks and my computer is clean, and I have also checked my event logs and there is nothing that happens or anything when i get this message.

Also I dont have any CD's to back all my things to so at the moment re-installing my OS is out of the question.

At the moment this is the only problem that I cannot fix, I have fixed the rest, but cant get my head around this one.

So can you guys\girls please please please please help me here? :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: ;) :D

TONY

Kids Safe Forum <--- Please read the site guidelines before registering. You don't have to be a parent nor have any information. You can register and ask things on the forum if you want.

Update: Kids Safe is bringing out K.S.A, for more information on what it is; click the link below:
http://kidssafe.co.nz/index.php?showtopic=504

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users