Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirects, etc.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LifeOnTheRock

LifeOnTheRock

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:30 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526198/redirect-from-youtube-fb-to-fake-adobe-player-download/ - Hamluis.

I have been having the same problem for about 5 days now. It seems to happen sporadically. At times I can access these sites and at other times the pop ups start. I have tried all of the fixes I could find : Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner, Ccleaner, Spyhunter, etc. I did not download the software so my only problem is ridding my computer of the pop up. None of the scans I have done with any of the software can detect any virus or malware on the computer.

Coincidentally whenever this is happening to my Dell laptop running Windows 7 my other Dell laptop running Windows XP cannot access Facebook, G-Mail or YouTube. At the same time none of our hand held devices; a generic Android tablet, a Samsung tablet and 3 Samsung smart phones cannot access Facebook or YouTube. None of these devices interact with each other except for Bluetooth when sending photos back and forth.

No software had been installed onto the laptop prior to the pop ups starting. After my last attempt I just powered down the computer for a while instead of restarting it. It seems to be working fine now and all of the hand held devices cleared up at the same time.

Is it possible that this is coming through my wireless modem?

Edited by hamluis, 02 March 2014 - 07:58 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Maxo27

Maxo27

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:39 AM

Just noticed you live in Thailand as well, im in Bangkok using ToT as a provider. Might have something to do with that. Im using True on my Iphone though, no problems there

#3 LifeOnTheRock

LifeOnTheRock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:42 AM

Yes, I am using ToT as well. All of my hand helds are on wifi when we are at home. I will check with my wife when she gets home to see if she has had any problems on her work wifi. Is yours working well now? Mine is doing fine.

#4 Maxo27

Maxo27

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

yes working here as well. I think yesterday it was about the same time when it started to work again. Really strange though

#5 LifeOnTheRock

LifeOnTheRock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

yes working here as well. I think yesterday it was about the same time when it started to work again. Really strange though

And plain frustrating trying to fix something that is not broken. I am going to have my wife contact ToT to see if they have any answers or excuses. I am ready to switch to 3BB.

#6 LifeOnTheRock

LifeOnTheRock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

It is a problem with ToT. Set your IpV4 DNS to 203.113.7.130 and alternate to 8.8.8.8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users