Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netbook runs slower

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jumpjack

jumpjack

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

Hello. Because of a virus I just did a full reinstall of windows 7 starter on my netbook and it seems to run slower than before when it had the netbooks original software on it.

It is a Asus eeepc flare 1025c(1GB ram) and it ran Win7 starter before as well as all the programs that asus put onto it.

Funny thing is I swear it runs slower than before. I got my copy of Win7 off digital river

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58996.iso

and deleted one file so I could choose windows starter. Activated it during setup. Installed comodo free firewall and avast anti virus. I also had to download drivers myself for video acceleration,ethernet and network cards and bluetooth.

http://www.driverlook.com/asus-eee-pc-1025c-netbook-driver-for-windows-7-32bit

I also comodo not to run their DNS program on setup.

Thing is it now seems like the PC is choked for memory usuage and runs slow. Trying to update window was frustrating as nothing seemed to be happening. As if nothing was downloading and the process in tskmanager was stagnate. In fact when I look at tskmanager now, most of the process memory values don't seem to change much. So even downloading firefox it seemed like nothing was happening. Like nothing could be downloaded. Everything did eventually work after some re-attempt, but it took hours. I set up utorrent to test download speed and it was fine.

Is it better for performance for these small machines to run the software that comes with the netbook rather than blank everything and do a full reinstall yourself? Do I have a problem with the new firewall or the drivers I installed?

PS: I forgot. Even time i boot i get a message

asus setup.Cant find target in E:\graphicsVGA_V8_14_8_1064\asussetupvgapatch1.ini

Edited by jumpjack, 02 March 2014 - 07:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Did you install the chipset drivers?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jumpjack

jumpjack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

Did you install the chipset drivers?

I'm just dealing with some backup and recovery stuff then I will check. I've no idea what didn't get installed by windows 7 during installation. Is there a program that can tell me what drivers are missing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users