I am trying to resolve some issues on an HP Invent PC running Vista. Among them are:
1. The PC has recently started to shut itself down randomly.
2. It will not allow me to start Microsoft Security Essential's real time protection.
3. Despite the problem in #2, on restart, MSE finds Alureon.J every time.
4. There is a svchost.exe process that sometimes runs up to the high 90s. It shows that it is connected to the services DcomLaunch and PlugPlay.
5. For quite some time, if F11 is not used for system recovery on startup, the system quickly goes to a bluescreen after logging on to a user account.
I would appreciate any help.