Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aleuron.J keeps reappearing...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 gwhiz9999

gwhiz9999

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

I am trying to resolve some issues on an HP Invent PC running Vista.  Among them are:

1.  The PC has recently started to shut itself down randomly.

2.  It will not allow me to start Microsoft Security Essential's real time protection.

3.  Despite the problem in #2, on restart, MSE finds Alureon.J every time.

4.  There is a svchost.exe process that sometimes runs up to the high 90s.  It shows that it is connected to the services DcomLaunch and PlugPlay.

5.  For quite some time, if F11 is not used for system recovery on startup, the system quickly goes to a bluescreen after logging on to a user account.

I would appreciate any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

This is a Rootkit I think.You can use MBAR - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-rootkit/

After starting the program first update it.Next buton and start scan.You will see the results after scan is over.

Second tool is Sophos Virus Removal Tool - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/sophos-virus-removal-tool/

It requires installation.Very siple and easy to use.Do a scan with this program also.After scan is done it will display the results.

Above all I think there is a overheating and due to this reason you have shutdowns.So you can take down the side cover.

About preventing the restart:

1.Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.
2.Click on the System and Security link.
3.Click on the System link.
4.In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.
5.Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on the Settings button.
6.In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
7.Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
8.Click OK in the System Properties window.
You can now close the System window.
From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot manually when an error appears.

#3 gwhiz9999

gwhiz9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

I appreciate the reply, but It isn't overheating.  It is a problem with DcomLaunch.  Plus, the system is not Windows 7.  No offense, but I was looking for a response from one of the site experts.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

Locked topic,has new post.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users