Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan win32/Lecpetex.A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 RLE-Renee

RLE-Renee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

This is just a FYI:   .... I have Win7 and ran a scan with Microsoft Security Essentials..  Came up with : Trojan C/win32/Lecpetex.A..  This program seemed to have removed the trojan just fine (I am re-running the scan to be sure). 

I was curious as to what it was so I did a search.  There is nothing on the internet except in Microsoft and they say they don't have any details.

So either this Trojan just came out today or ??, either way FYI, MSE seems to have cleared it just fine. If the re-scan I am currently running should fail, I will return to post an update. Otherwise, just letting you know. :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aharonov

aharonov

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,441 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:15 AM

Hi,

I cannot comment on what MSE has found because just a name is not enough to tell.
Do you need assistance in thoroughly checking your computer?
If yes, please run a FRST scan:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
(If you are not sure which version (32-/64-bit) applies to your system, download and try to start both of them as just the right one will run.)
  • Start FRST with administator privileges.
  • Make sure the option Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.
  • When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

#3 RLE-Renee

RLE-Renee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

I'm sorry to have troubled you.  No, I don't need help, Microsoft Security Essentials was able to clear the trojan completely.

I only posted that post because I could not find anything on the internet about THAT trojan and I didn't know if it was something new that was coming out and I just happened to have gotten it. I posted that information, to "warn others", there is no information on that trojan it MAY BE new.

I do want to thank you for your trouble and I am very sorry for the misunderstanding.  Thank you for your prompt response.

#4 aharonov

aharonov

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,441 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

All right, thank you for your effort.
In this forum we help people to get rid of their malware problems in "one-to-one care". If you want to inform other people or discuss a malware or something the like then General Security is the best place to do so! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users