Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No dekstop upon startup,laggy after time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mattyts

mattyts

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

Hi all,I've been having a problem since my computer was rebuilt about 3 month ago,after about 12hour of being turned on,my PC will get laggy and freeze for a few seconds,this gets worse until it freezes for multiple hours (I have seen my PC freeze at 7AM and still be froze at 2PM)

then,a few week ago,when I go to turn on my PC,it's slow to turn on and won't load up my dekstop and instead,i have to use task manager to open up my browser etc until eventually the dekstop and background loads up.

All these problems started after fitting a water cooling CPU unit,a new motherboard and an SSD,the PC was completely removed and put into a new case.

Currently,I have 2 1GB GPUs,4 x 4GB sticks of ram,a 2TB hard drive,a 128GB SSD and an i7 CPU running windows 7

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Maybe after this rebuilt /new motherboard,SSD/ you had to install new fresh copy of Windows.

#3 mattyts

mattyts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

My existing Windows 7 was installed using the code from my old setupp

#4 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

The biggest advantage is when drive C: is whole SSD.After you new motherboard have you must uninstall the drivers of the older one and install new.About SSD you can also search in the site of your motherboard for software and drivers.I am not suggesting you to buy a new copy of Windows.Just archive your important things and clean reinstall your existing Windows.

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 01 March 2014 - 03:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users