Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Denver, Colorado

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jayram1408

jayram1408

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

I am a ASE certified auto mechanic. I am much better at fixing car electrical problems and any one of the several computers on a vehicle then my home computers. I am learning though. I live in Denver. I am pretty good at fixing the hard ware side of things including using a scope and replacing components on PCB's.  I am here because I have the most difficulty with virus and such type problems. So i guess I am in the right place. I can also answer questions about car repair with my almost 20 years experience!  Jay is my name or my handle jayram.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

Yes you are in the right place and wellcome! My handle is Vanko Lamko /from Lamer it comes/. :thumbup2:

Edited by Alex&Vanko, 01 March 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#3 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

Welcome.  I can understand the need for a comfortable environment.  I grew up in Minnesota, spend six years in Hawaii and the western Pacific, you won't get me away from the west coast for anything but a visit.  I do get into the Junction (Grand Junction) twice yearly to visit but only in the summer.  I do some consulting work that takes me to Alaska twice a year, once in July and again in January.  I'm usually so buried under Artic gear in the winter you can tell I'm covered with chemical heat pads underneath.  The summer trip is nice but it takes a week to scrub off the bug repellant needed to do anything outside.

#5 PanickyD

PanickyD

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:10 AM

Hey Jay. Auto tech here too. 31 yrs. A lot of car guys are computer guys too. It's in our nature, I guess...

If the fine folks here can't fix your gear, it can't be done!

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box...

#6 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

Kind of funny with the HARDWARE and SOFTWARE becoming one in the auto.  Yes, the old days, you could keep that beast running with simple wrenches and a spare tire.  Today you have all manner of sensors and switches that have to agree before you can even start the vehicle.  That's before you get any hardware clues to what's wrong.  Using one's ears is just as important in T/S of a computer as a car these days.  Many clues can cut short the time and replacement parts needed to diagnose the ultimate cause.  Todays cars are so complex that failures can occur that do serious damage to other areas of the engine.  Not so much the case with a PC.  Ever listen to your PC when you turn it on??  How about your car before you actually turn the starter?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users