Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old V2 Premire PC

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KK_AND_DK

KK_AND_DK

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

Ok  a long time ago i took apart this old v2 premire pc just to clean out dust from it after 5 years in storage when i was like 8 so i tried to write down where to put what so i could put it back together and i never did. now im 13 and i finaly found out where to plug in the power switch and thts the only thing it turns on and i hook it up to my tv but nothing shows up not even the bios so i wanna know how and where to plug in everything if u need some more info like model number and graphics card and stuff just tell me i just wanna know what to plug in on the mother board so the image shows up on my tv and at least the bios works. then i can work on it by myself from there. :) thx!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

Possibly A Better Route To Pursue

This is not an XP issue, moving to Internal Hardware.

Louis

#3 KK_AND_DK

KK_AND_DK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

sry i wasnt sure cuz im new to the forum and i checked on the pc and it said stuff about windows xp setup being slow so sry!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

It's no problem :), I move topics each day and it doesn't cause me grief :).

Louis

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

Welcome to BC !

I think you can get the manual for this computer here, apparently it is a PDF file so you will need access to a working computer to download it and possibly print the relevant parts of it.

http://www.freeproductmanual.com/v2-premier-computer-specs/

Good lluck with your project.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 KK_AND_DK

KK_AND_DK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

ok im viewing the pdf file and it says nothing about a v2 premire pc forgive me cuz im kind of a noob at internal pc stuff so i just wanna know where to plug what where so ,at the very least, the bios shows up.

also would anything change if i took out the lithium battery on the mother board?

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Is there a manufacturer and model number on the motherboard?

#8 KK_AND_DK

KK_AND_DK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

yes the model number is 9120 and whats the manufacurer? lol i forgot is it like the company like windows?

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

Somewhere on the motherboard itself should be white lettering showing who made it and what the model number is. Did the 9120 come off the outside of the computer? I was looking for numbering on the motherboard itself. There may even be a FCC ID number which would also help identify the motherboard. Is it possible to take a picture of the motherboard with a digital camera and attach the photo to your next post?

Edited by JohnC_21, 02 March 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#10 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

Sorry about my #5 - I didn't read the small print on the link I found !

It seems that manuals for these computers were always hard to come by, even when they were new, so John_C's suggestion is probably your best bet now. Just to add to your problems, a contributor on the site where I found my way to the (inaccurate) link I gave earlier says that the maker's name and type numbers are not all that visible either.

Have you tried Google images for v2 Premier ?  Or even YouTube ?  You might find a photo of a mobo in situ, ie with all its connections, or a video on how to take one to pieces and put it together. Worth a look.

Chris Cosgrove

#11 KK_AND_DK

KK_AND_DK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

k i already checked google and outube but nothing, i foun 9120 off the outside, and i might be able to take pics

Edited by KK_AND_DK, 06 March 2014 - 10:28 PM.

#12 KK_AND_DK

KK_AND_DK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

Here Is A Presentation I Made For You Guys To See :)

Link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FimRIiq9IIb6f62iJeiKGD5LOjkLSvWQg7BgrfGp6To/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by KK_AND_DK, 06 March 2014 - 11:09 PM.

#13 KK_AND_DK

KK_AND_DK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

y isnt anyone responding?

ive been waiting like around 3 months

Edited by KK_AND_DK, 30 June 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#14 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

I am very sorry. I completely lost track of this thread. Nice Presentation. The motherboard is as noted a P4VMM2 from ECS. I am not sure what version you have.  Looking at the motherboard there should be a version number on it. I downloaded V1.1 and it shows all pin outs for connecting your components.

See this page. Under Socket 478. You have 8 different versions of the  P4VMM2 Motherboard. 

Edit: The version number relates to the BIOS version. I assume that is all that is different between those boards.

Edited by JohnC_21, 30 June 2014 - 03:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users