Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wrong video card drivers?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xXxexpertxXx

xXxexpertxXx

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

when i first purchased my new gpu i used the cd to install my drivers. and it listed it as a r9 270x when i go into device manager! But now i am at a friends house and decided to reformat i dont have the disc so i got the drivers from the amd website.. and the only one it gives me is the 2xx  so i download that one and now in the device manager it says that i have a r9 200 series but i need the 270x one like i had before.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

Here is your driver for Windows 7,8 64 bit - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

In the control panel of Windows is there an AMD Catalyst Contol Centre or Panel and what is written there?

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

If you click on the link 'release notes' within that link that Alex posted, you can see that the drivers and catalyst supports all the way from HD 5400 to R9 290x. If the driver says 200 series in device manager ignore it. AMD's drivers are pretty much a one shot deal for all cards, unless it is legacy ATI stuff prior to HD 5400 like the x300 to x1950 or whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users