Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.Net Framework 1.1 SP1 Fails to Install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 smitch

smitch

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:30 AM

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm running XP Professional with SP2 installed. I use automatic Windows Update. The Express Install option advises me that .Net Framework 1.1 SP1 is not installed. When I select the install option my computer appears to begin the installation but hangs during initialization- I've even left it overnight but nothing happens. I've trawled through various websites but can't seem to find a solution to my problem - Any ideas?

Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:00 PM

Download the redistributable here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a...06/dotnetfx.exe

And see if that works better

#3 smitch

smitch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2004 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for your help.

Installed .Netframework 1.1 and then allowed Windows update to run. Unfortunately I 've got the same problem. Update tellss me that .NetFramewkr 1.1 SP1 is not installed. When I select install, all I get is the following message:
Initializing Installation ... and then nothing else, the system just hangs and then installation does not complete.

Any other ideas?

Many thanks,

Steve

#4 lockers

lockers

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2004 - 05:11 PM

Hi

I had the same problem whilst I was having troubles with other things. I fixed the other problem using the info from this link below and then my updates started working too.

http://forum.osnn.net/archive/index.php/t-3601.html
(the post from YoYo about WWW services)

I'm not sure if it will help, but thought it was worth checking/trying on the off chance.

Dave

#5 smitch

smitch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2004 - 02:55 AM

Thanks for your help.

It worked fine, all updates now installed.

Once again, many thanks.

Steve :thumbsup:

#6 Pluto

Pluto

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 27 November 2004 - 07:53 AM

ASP.NET Framework (Machine Account) is interesting when required by specific applications. It works perfectly well on my machine (XP Home SP2), especially having installed Service Pack 1 for version 1.1 of the .Net Framework, which corrects the automatic logon issue along with further security enhancements, and alows full support for Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Details may be found here

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users