Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen rushing down to bottom like a flash...every few minutes!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Leidi

Leidi

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

[Dell Inspiron 560 desktop; MS Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2011; MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox 22.0; Adobe FP 11,8,800,94; Adobe Reader 11.......]

My screen scrolls (rushes!) down to the bottom taking all my typing with it, every 5 or 10 minutes, daily!

I try to bring the text back up...only for it to rush back down in 2 seconds again! I have to do all of this several times until (by miracle) it stops, then I must hurry to finish the message and send it out. It also affects Word AND many websites, causing like a tsunami with windows flying in and out all over, the cursor quivering, unmanageable!!!

With anticipated big thanks for any ideas about this particular thing, Adela

P.S. If anyone here lives in NYC or knows an honest/competent techy in NYC please let me know as I have so many glitches that I need someone in person to fix all the problems at once. I have difficulty following intricate tech help instructions. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:30 PM

Go to the Dell site, go to support there you can punch you computers service tag it is a sticker usually left side rear of the case.  Down load there system checker, it will check for updates which many times fixes things with less fuss then digging for the problem.  I have had several Dell's and work on quite a few, well worth a try.

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 01 March 2014 - 06:54 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:02 AM

Can you take a video of this with your phone so we can see it?

#4 Leidi

Leidi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

Go to the Dell site, go to support there you can punch you computers service tag it is a sticker usually left side rear of the case.  Down load there system checker, it will check for updates which many times fixes things with less fuss then digging for the problem.  I have had several Dell's an work on quite a few, well worth a try.

Phil

Oh thank you Phil, I'll try it.  I thought they only take help requests for the hardware.  However, my warranty expired after one year so they may refuse....Nothing lost by trying though.  :)

Edited by Leidi, 01 March 2014 - 12:15 AM.

#5 Leidi

Leidi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:23 AM

Can you take a video of this with your phone so we can see it?

Hi cryptodan and thank you but I don't have a video machine.  I can only make a screenshot (which I just learned how to)  lol!  but if I do a screenshot it will only show the empty space from the top because all of my typing is at the bottom.  I wonder, did you ever hear of such a glitch like this?  I know I never heard about it, or seen it in my own computer, except since some months ago, and it's getting worse and more frequent...  Sigh....   :)  I also had to learn how to upgrade my WLMail2011 to WLMail2012 per someone's suggestion, but it's happening in the new version too!!!   So odd......

Edited by Leidi, 01 March 2014 - 12:23 AM.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:55 AM

Do you have a cell phone with a camera or a friend with one?

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,124 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:08 AM

Go to the Dell site, go to support there you can punch you computers service tag it is a sticker usually left side rear of the case.  Down load there system checker, it will check for updates which many times fixes things with less fuss then digging for the problem.  I have had several Dell's an work on quite a few, well worth a try.

Phil

Oh thank you Phil, I'll try it.  I thought they only take help requests for the hardware.  However, my warranty expired after one year so they may refuse....Nothing lost by trying though.  :)

They will not help with warranty but you have driver support for ever as far as I know, I have updated some early XP machines lately.

Phil

#8 Leidi

Leidi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Hello Phil, just wanted to report to you that I did go to Dell and was given a diagnostic and everything came out passing okay.  So....I'm still in the limbo as why my crazy computer is doing those weird things....   :(  I wonder....could it be something wrong with Windows instead of (or in addition to) to WLMail?  So, would you or someone helse here would happen to know how much diffiucult would it be to reinstall Wndows and all its components, etc.?   Thank you!         Adela

#9 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

Are you perhaps accidentally "shaking" a window?  Watch the video:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows7/minimize-windows-on-the-desktop-using-shake

#10 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,124 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

IMO try turning off Aero, I did on this machine it would get me crazy with stuff dropping off the screen that may be what you are experiencing!

Right click the Desktop
Click Personalize
Under 'Basic and High Contrast Themes, click 'Windows 7 Basic'

#11 Leidi

Leidi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

Oh M, I never heard of "shaking" a window.  How do you do it???  :scratchhead:

P.S. It happened here again this minute, that screen racing down.  It's below.  I brought it back up but sometimes it goes down again in a split second before I press "Post".  In that case you'll see a blank space because everything is in the bottom...     Sigh...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows7/minimize-windows-on-the-desktop-using-shake

#12 Leidi

Leidi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:16 AM

IMO try turning off Aero, I did on this machine it would get me crazy with stuff dropping off the screen that may be what you are experiencing!

Right click the Desktop
Click Personalize
Under 'Basic and High Contrast Themes, click 'Windows 7 Basic'

Phil, what is "Aero"???  I'm glad at least you had the same thing, I was beginning to9 believe that I myself caused it.....  But this is now happening here on this page.  It just keeps racing down and I can't write.  I just replied to M here, but I don't see my answer now.  I hope you get this one?  Is there another place we can keep this dialog on a normal page, and then transfer it here maybe?

is the following steps to "Aero"?  I'll try them and report back to you:

(Would you believe this, now it wont' paste.....)

Edited by Leidi, 02 March 2014 - 01:19 AM.

#13 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,124 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:51 AM

Aero is the added visual effects that MS put in 7, I turned it off on my lap top it use to tick me off what it did to various things I was trying to do.  It may not be related to your issue but for some reason I feel it might be.  It is easy to turn off and on worth trying.

Phil

#14 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

Is your spacebar or enter key sticky? Is your mousewheel ok?

#15 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

I would like to see a video of this issue happening so we can better understand whats going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users