I'm attempting to install the 1601 on a client's E6430 (not a 6430u) machine, I installed the card (assuming I didn't need to remove standard WiFi card.
I was able to install the card in the upper left corner, it was detected, appeared as operational in device manager and the drivers from here, however the application failed to install.
My question is manifold...
- Do I need to remove the Bluetooth module? The card was detected so it lead me to believe it needn't be.
- I've read that there is a "hidden" blue wire that also needs to be connected to the Wigig card, however I was unable to locate it.
- Is that blue wire native only to the 6430u Latitudes?
- Does my client need to buy the 6430u?
- Is there a workaround? Perhaps the wire is, indeed, somewhere behind the LCD screen of the 6430 (non-u model)?
- Is there a new, different card we can purchase in order to provide this solution to our client?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated as we've billed this client a great deal of labor, television mountings in his conference rooms, wiring, drops, the wireless docking station itself and obviously, the card itself and he is extremely dissatisfied.
Edited by norwood781, 28 February 2014 - 07:52 PM.