Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Troublesome Virus or Worm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 osha10

osha10

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

This aggravating worm or virus calls itself JenMiramkan 2216. It runs a random .exe program and eats up a lot of memory and speed on my laptop. I have run MalwareBytes and CC cleaner several times at both find 'objects" remove them. A few minutes later the same issue occurs. I can watch it appear and start eating up memory when I watch Task manager and look at active processes.   I can end the process and few seconds later it comes back with a new exe. suffix and off to the races again.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Mod Edit ..Moved to Am I Infected from Win 7 ~~ boopme

Edited by boopme, 28 February 2014 - 08:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 66,724 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Hello this appears to be a virus variant of  Win32/Kryptik.BVJB.

Lets run this first...

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
    Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

>>>>>

ESET.
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
  • Scan potentially unwanted applications
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
  • [/list]
  • [/list]
  • [/list]

BleepingComputer is being sued by the creators of SpyHunter. Help us defend our right of Free Speech!

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 osha10

osha10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Somehow I was able to get rid of it with multiple runs of the Malware Bytes. I just kept running it over and over and it finally got it. Sort of like peeling the layers of an onion I guess.

I also went into my uninstall programs and uninstalled everyhting that was installed in the past few days. it seems to be gone now.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 66,724 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Ok, up to you. Have a great day.

BleepingComputer is being sued by the creators of SpyHunter. Help us defend our right of Free Speech!

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users