Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MIM attack on major sites?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bass740

bass740

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Noticed some strange behavior while logging into www.americanexpress.com so I ran a ssl cert check with https://www.wormly.com/test_ssl

I also tested chase, paypal, ebay, aol. 3 sites failed for being vulnerable to an MIm attack and actually couldnt log into my own account on americanexpress.com. Which I know is a safety measure to prevent passwords from going on an unsecured network or when an attack is at work. But these should be secured and shouldnt have a problem logging in or failing a mim test.

Can someone with a bit more experience clarify whats going on. I tested the sites on two networks to ensure it wasnt someone in my own network.

Edited by bass740, 01 March 2014 - 03:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

Interesting link I just found!

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2013/09/new_nsa_leak_sh.html

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#3 bass740

bass740
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Its interesting to see the sites that are failing (mim) and maybe we can post them until we find out more. Here are my two out of 15 tested. You should be after pages that have login credentials and authentications. Please post your finds. Also if you find another ssl scanner please share. I was sure there would be a reason for a flase positive but not the above.

www.americanexpress.com

www.discover.com

Edited by bass740, 01 March 2014 - 03:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users