I'm in the process of setting up my desktop to duel boot Windows 7 and XP. Windows 7 will be installed on a new SSD. I am going to set up the SSD with 2 partitions, 1 for Windows 7 and 1 for common files. Using GParted this is what I found. My RAID setup for XP, my backup drive, and a listing of 3 drives for my SSD. Here's what the drop down window in GParted says about my SSD.
1dev/sdb 111.79 GiB
1dev/sdc 111.79 GiB
1dev/sdd 111.79 GiB
When I open up each one I find the information for sdb looks normal. The information for sdc and sdd show the whole 111.79 GiB as being unallocated for both Partition and File System.