Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer had a big crash and I had to reinstall Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jiggity

Jiggity

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

I had some spyware but I'm not sure if it was the problem. I got my computer a year ago and it seems like it's processor is a lot weaker than it was when I initially got it, it just slows down for simple things, like browsing web pages. The biggest problem right now is that I get Adobe Flash crashes, today I can't go to any forums or view and videos, and when I refresh, it crashes again (and lags my computer for like 20 seconds). Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to fix this? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

You mention having to reinstall Windows in the topic title, but don't mention it in the topic.  

Did you reinstall the operating system?

If you did, how did you do this, with a installation disc, system recovery partition, etc,?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Jiggity

Jiggity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

Basically my computer wouldn't start up, I don't remember many details unfortunately (couldn't take a screen shot lol), so it gave me a few options and the one I picked was to start windows 8 from scratch. I know that's not much info unfortunately, but that's the best way I can describe it. No disc, I believe it was system recovery.

#4 StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

You can install any os on your computer but try to install any antivirus even win 8 have their own protection but it is better to use any antivirus also.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

What happens when you try to turn it on?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users