Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Help & Command.Net Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hawkredtail

hawkredtail

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

I have a Windows 8.1 Computer with Internet Explorer 10. When I turn on the Computer I get a prompt that asks if I want to use net command I check Yes- I cant figure out what is causing that prompt? Then when I click on the Internet explorer icon, IE executes and stays on my desktop for about 1 second and then it closes? The only way I can get IE to run is to right click on the icon and then click Run as Adminitsrator. Then the program works fine. I have run all sorts of anti virus tools and I updated my Antivirus ( Bitdefender)- finds nothing. I ran dozens of Malware programs like Malwarebytes, unhackme and other- finds nothing. I have ran most tools you have posted in this forumn.Anyone got any ideas on these problems? I can not re-install Windows 8.1 as when I bought this machine, they do not give any disc anymore and you have to buy the Windows 8 program again. Maybe someone know of a "fix it" program that I could run?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TechMarvel

TechMarvel

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

For the black box/prompt, Try checking your stamp programs and disable anything that looks out of the ordinary.

Then reboot and tell us what happens

#3 hawkredtail

hawkredtail
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

(Try checking your stamp programs and disable anything that looks out of the ordinary)   I am not sure how to do that? can you post a step by step? Is there a program that can fix these errror?

Thank You for the Reply :tophat:

#4 TechMarvel

TechMarvel

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

Sorry. I meant startup programs

Go to your task manager (search | task manager) and choose the startup tab

Are there any programs there that you don't recognize?

#5 hawkredtail

hawkredtail
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

I have uninstalled everything but anitvirus, malware and internet. Still get those errors? I was thinking about running and installing Windows Repair all in one 2.4.2? I saw that this program can fix most issues with Windows 8?  Any ideas?

Thanks

#6 TechMarvel

TechMarvel

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

I'm not familiar with that tool off hand. It may work well for you

Something is definitely running at startup though. I'd figure out what that is first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users