Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 11 cumulative security update for Windows 7 (KB2909921) failed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jwatley

jwatley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

IE 11 cumulative security update for Windows 7 fails to configure after reboot. It then reverts and restarts. Everything else appears to be operating normally. 

This is the only update that fails to configure. Install finishes without error, but it won't configure on the boot. 

Tried (not in this order):

Removed IE 11 and added it back through WIndows update. 

Reset Windows update components. 

Downloaded and installed update specifically (KB2909921). 

Ran the "Fix it" (it says it fixes a few things, but doesn't change the problem)

Installed update with Trend Micro turned off

*probably other things I can't recall, because I've been at it for too long. 

**I have limited time with this machine, because it is otherwise perfectly functional. 

Edited by jwatley, 28 February 2014 - 10:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users