Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 login problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mja441

mja441

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:37 AM

Hi all,

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium Edition , 32-bit, on an HP Compaq nx7400 laptop.

Frequently, after entering my password, the welcome screen comes and it wont go away. This doesnt always happen, for instance it will happen in the morning and later on in the afternoon there's no problem. I have to mention that sometimes 
when clicking on a file, Windows Explorer crashes. These are the details of the problem as shown by the window that opens up when Explorer crashes:

Problem signature:
     Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
     Application Name:    explorer.exe
     Fault Module Name:    EXPLORERFRAME.dll

And when I am able to login, the explorer window opens automatically. I've made a full scan with NOD32, malwarebytes, Kaspersky Rescue disk but the problem still persists.

How can I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

If I had an intermittent login problem...my first guess would be damaged profile.

Louis

#3 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

This could be the result of corrupted system files.

Please follow the instructions in the article on using the System File Checker to see if that resolves the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users