Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to download/upload on IE11

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MrOrangeman

MrOrangeman

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

Was on Facebook other day, kept getting error trying to post photo on site.  Tried to download file on different site, download fails.  Unable to keep login information posted on certain sites so have to login everytime I go to sites. When opening a different tab/window within same site, have to relog into site again. 

Edited by hamluis, 07 March 2014 - 02:20 PM.
Moved from Win 7 Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

Do you get the same problem with other browsers?

#3 MrOrangeman

MrOrangeman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

I don't believe so. 

#4 IT_Pro4514

IT_Pro4514

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

Please try this and see if this helps -

1) Open Internet Explorer.
2) Click on Tools, Click on Internet Options
3) On the General tab under Temporary Internet Files, click on Delete Files

4) Click Ok when it asks if you want to delete the files
5) Under the History section on the General tab, click Clear History, then click Ok
6) Close Internet Explorer
7) Log off the current user and Log onto another user account such as Administrator
8) Click on Start, Run
9) Type CMD and Press Enter to open a command prompt
10) Change directories to the Temporary Internet Files directory by typing the following command, substituting the correct drive letter and the word username with the correct user in Windows XP.

cd drive:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

Example: cd c:\Documents and Settings\Mark\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

11) type del index.dat and press Enter
12) Type Exit and press Enter to close the command prompt
13) Restart your computer

Once the computer has been restarted, open a web page with a link to a download. Click on the link and try to download the file. It should now work.

#5 MrOrangeman

MrOrangeman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

Keeps telling me "The system cannot find the path specified."

Am I missing something here?

#6 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Content.IE5 is located here -> C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files. The steps that IT gave you are for Windows XP and do not pertain to Windows 7.

*Make sure you have show hidden files and folders checked*

Resetting your browser settings should clear that issue as it sounds like the browser is not saving cookies. If you're using IE, go to- Tools-Internet Options-Advanced. From there click Reset and also check Delete personal settings then click Reset then Ok when it finishes.

See if that helps.

Edited by chrisd87, 07 March 2014 - 01:14 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#7 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

IE11 is broken, it even breaks Microsofts' own software and systems. It is actually a beta version and not stable. I have seen Microsoft sites where they recommend uninstalling it because it conflicts with Microsoft products and causes instability. . How a multi billion dollar company releases a buggy browser? because the newest version is the best, isn't it?

uninstall it. no more tears.

if you really have to use Internet Explorer install IE10. But even better, just leave it off your system and use Firefox or Chrome. Microsoft are in the business of making OS's and business software, not web browsers.

#8 MrOrangeman

MrOrangeman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

Content.IE5 is located here -> C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files. The steps that IT gave you are for Windows XP and do not pertain to Windows 7.

*Make sure you have show hidden files and folders checked*

Resetting your browser settings should clear that issue as it sounds like the browser is not saving cookies. If you're using IE, go to- Tools-Internet Options-Advanced. From there click Reset and also check Delete personal settings then click Reset then Ok when it finishes.

See if that helps.

Did not help. Still unable to download/upload anything on IE11.  Still having to sign in when I open a window/tab. 

#9 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Go to Tools-Internet Options-Privacy. What is your slider set to? Is it set to Medium? For testing, slide it all the way down to Accept all cookies. and then apply and ok. See what happens.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#10 MrOrangeman

MrOrangeman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Did that. No change.

#11 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

You might have to accept the fact that it's not anything you can fix-what you are describing sounds like IE is not playing nice with your system. As stated previously, uninstall IE11. See if that solves your issues.

The one time I tried IE11 I realized within 2 hours of installing it one website I sign in to frequently was not keeping me signed in even though remember me was checked. There were also other issues I decided I could not live with.  I went back to IE 9 ( because IE10 and 11 had the exact same issues) and all the problems went away.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 10 March 2014 - 10:27 PM.

#12 MrOrangeman

MrOrangeman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

You might have to accept the fact that it's not anything you can fix-what you are describing sounds like IE is not playing nice with your system. As stated previously, uninstall IE11. See if that solves your issues.

The one time I tried IE11 I realized within 2 hours of installing it one website I sign in to frequently was not keeping me signed in even though remember me was checked. There were also other issues I decided I could not live with.  I went back to IE 9 ( because IE10 and 11 had the exact same issues) and all the problems went away.

I tried to uninstall IE11, but for some reason it's not uninstalling.  Maybe I'm not uninstalling it right or something?   Is there some special way to uninstall it?

#13 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

Control Panel/Programs and Features.

Click View installed updates on the left side of the page.

Scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section. Scroll through the list. When you see Windows Internet Explorer 11, click it and uninstall just as you would any other program.

If you have Windows updates set to automatically install, IE11 will be installed again.

You can either turn off automatic update OR keep checking for updates and if you see it right click on IE 11 and choose Hide Update. This will keep it from installing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users